Christine has taken a graphic design background mixed with a thorough grounding in traditional jewellery skills and merged this with her own particular style to create stunning and unique ranges of wearable, contemporary designer jewellery.
She is best known as the creator of the Joyous Woman series of jewellery designed to express JOY. Currently, Christine is continuing to practise JOY.
Christine was selected exhibitor for The Munich International Craft Fair, Germany, and The Australia-Korea Foundation's 10th Anniversary Festival in Seoul. She has won a Commendation from the Design Institute of Australia, and has exhibited widely throughout Australia, Asia, Europe and the USA.
Christine is Craftmark Australia accredited.
Now resides in South Australia
"My work is designed to express the celebration and sheer exuberance of joy. I like to depict the more whimsical side of life, showing that joy is found in a variety of everyday thoughts and activities, and that it will manifest itself in every small way possible until it builds up into a total rush of joyous energy. I always feel that this "joyous explosion" that I try to show in my pieces will pass on to the wearers, with the act of wearing the brooches being a confirmation of the right to be joyous."
- 2006 - Portrait painting in Oils, Bapea Art School, Adelaide
- 2003 - Pro-Engineer (CAD CAM) engineering degree subject, Regency TAFE
- Glass bead workshop with Kathryn Wardill, RMIT
- 2002 - Hydraulic Press workshop with Lee Marshall, Bonny Doon Press
- Die Forming & Fly Press workshop, Gray Street Workshop, SA
- 2001 - Organic Materials workshop with Viliama Grakalic, Melbourne, Victoria
- 1991 - 1996 - Advanced Diploma of Art, North Adelaide School of Art
- 1990 - 1991 - Certificate of Applied and Visual Art, North Adelaide School of Art
- Associate Diploma of Ad./Graphic Design, Croydon Park College TAFE
- 2008 - The Good Earth, Greenhill Galleries, Adelaide
- 2007 - Madama Butterfly, Makers Mark, Melbourne & Sydney
- I do, Craft Vic, Melbourne, VIC
- 2006 - Pearls of the World, Makers Mark, Melbourne & Sydney
- New Works, Solo Feature, Beaver Galleries, Canberra, ACT
- Urban Icon, Silvershop, Adelaide, SA
- 2005 - Coastline, 1000 Degrees C, Avalon, NSW
- Hello Yellow, Makers Mark, Melbourne, VIC
- Alice Craft Acquisition, The Araluen Centre, Alice Springs, NT
- 2004 - Shades of Monet, Makers Mark, Melbourne & Sydney
- Australian Designer Jewellery, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, China
- 2003-2005 - The Waterhouse Art Prize, SA Museum, SA
- 2003 - The Ubiquitous Ring, Gallery onefivesix, Surry Hills, NSW
- 2002 - Women in Art, Everywoman Expo 2002, Royal Adelaide Showgrounds, SA
- Australian Korean Foundation 10th Anniversary, Mokkumto Gallery, Seoul, South Korea
- 2006 - Fellowship of the Gold & Silversmiths Guild of Australia
- 2005 - Best of 04, Postpicasso
- 2003-2005 - Selected Finalist, The Waterhouse Art Prize
- 2002 - Craftmark Accredited, Craft Australia
- 2001 - Commendation, Design Institute of Australia
- 2000 - Arts SA Grant